When we come from a past where we never experienced what being loved, appreciated and supported feels like, we are prone to push away anyone that shows us any kind love and appreciation. The first thought that tends to come to mind when we encounter someone who genuinely cares about us is 'what do they want from me'. They must want something from me and they are just being nice long enough to get what they want then leave me hanging. This was me, I trusted no one. I believed everyone was out to get something from me. Interestingly enough I would attract those very people into my life, until the day I became aware of what was going on in my head.
Not long ago we met some amazingly beautiful people who I know love and care for me and my family more then anyone ever has. It feels so incredible yet so strange and scary at the same time. It is the most interesting thing I've every experienced. As I remove myself from the place I used to be and I become the observer of my thoughts and feelings instead of becoming my thoughts and feelings, I watch and I see how this could've all played out and how it is now playing out instead, because of me being more aware and more in touch with myself. Going through this amazing experience it makes me wonder how many times I sabotaged a perfectly good friendship with someone who genuinely cared about me all because of thoughts I believed in my head.
Our conditioned mind will hold us hostage as long as we let it. You are not your thoughts. Your thoughts are not you. You are so much more then your thoughts. You don't need to identify with or become your thoughts. You can change your world by becoming aware of your thoughts. You are not your past. You are amazing, we are all amazing! Who are you?
This physical experience we call life is the most amazing gift we could ever hope for. We tend to spend so much time wishing it away because of the pain we all feel here at times, but the pain is necessary for us to experience any kind of joy. Without the pain we would never know what we want. The pain we all suffered at some point in our life was their to teach us something. It creates in us a desire for something we don't have. In my case the pain of not feeling love, appreciation and support made me seek after it. I used to blame all the people who I thought were suppose to love and support me in this life but now I am thankful for them they were there as messengers to push me towards the path I came here to live. Life is beautiful, sometime it feels like hell but without that feeling how could we ever appreciate the feeling of heavenly bliss? I have found a new love for this experience called life. I hope you do too!
No comments:
Post a Comment