Yesterday we went for the first picking of blueberries of this summer at the Organic Farm here in our neighborhood. Oh how that place warms my heart! I am so thankful to the owners for creating such a beautiful place where we can now go with our family and enjoy picking fresh blueberries.
The women that owns the place is such a beautiful soul. I have learned over the last year to really appreciate her! I can tell that my thinking is changing, the walls that tend to separate humans from each other because of our differences in beliefs are coming down, it is much easier for me now to see someone not through the lens of beliefs that I once held but more through the lens of understanding and love. There is no judgement in love, there is only understanding.
The question I continuously asked in the past years leading up to now was; 'what is love', no, really, 'WHAT IS LOVE'? What does love look like, what does love sound like, what does love feel like? I don't remember ever experiencing true unconditional love. I had heard about it but never experienced it. There was something missing and I wanted to find it. The only kind of love I had experienced was conditional love, which isn't love at all. Conditional love is twisted and stands no chance alongside true heartfelt understanding love. Conditional love broken down is really not love at all. Does love look like this; I will love you if you do what I say and what I think you should do and if you don't do that then I cannot except you and our friendship will be hindered because of it. Much of the time when we believe this way we then go on to unconsciously seek to destroy those who do not believe like we do. Conditional love is a lie, it is cold, it is brutal, it is not love at all. This kind of thinking causes all kinds of destruction in our world.
When we meet someone who holds different beliefs then we do, let's try to remember who we are. Not one of us is more worthy of love than the other. We are all worthy of love. The human race cannot survive without love. We are fueled by the feeling of love- love is like the lifeblood of the human race. We are lost without it and we thrive when we feel it. Unconditional love is what will bring humanity back together and make us realize that we are not at all that different from each other. The only thing that separates us is our conditioned mind. Our conditioned mind holds a certain set of beliefs and when we attach ourselves to those beliefs and we allow those beliefs to become our identity it separates us from those who's beliefs are different from our own.
Becoming aware of my conditioned mind and consciously examining every single belief in my mind, asking the question, is it true, does it makes sense, does it serve me and others? If it was not true or it did not make sense, or it did not serve me or others, I let it go, I don't have time anymore to waste on those beliefs and thoughts in my mind. The bottom line is that many of the ideas I have been conditioned with in my years growing up are super destructive and don't serve me at all. However I can learn from them and because of them I am searching out a better way. The thing is I just had to become aware of that fact.
It is super difficult these days to come face to face with another human who has a different set of beliefs than our own without becoming defensive and outright angry. I challenge you to try something, only because I have tried this and it works every time. Go find someone who has opposing views to your own and be with them. Notice your thoughts about them, notice them and notice the feelings you get when you entertain those thoughts. Now just like you would drop a hot coal in your hand, drop those thoughts about that person. Now see them, just see them without your earlier thoughts of judgement about them. Notice that they are just like you another human being with feelings and needs, If you do this with an open mind and heart you will begin to feel compassion for them a you will begin to realize they are not any different then you. Underneath all the different beliefs and idea's we are all more alike then we tend to think. We are all searching for meaning in life, we are all searching for love, we are all searching for understanding, it is just hard for us to see that because most of us are so conditioned into a certain set of beliefs that we don't see anything else. It is only when we become aware of our thoughts and our conditioned mind that we begin to see the illusion of separation that our conditioned minds create.
Unconditional love will heal the world. When we learn this kind of love, nothing else will matter as much. After all is said and done we will realize that we are LOVE, hopefully we will come to this realization before we have completely destroyed each other. Love is what all the great teacher of old have taught but most of their message was distorted by someone who was unaware of what the messenger was trying to bring forth.
So as I gazed into the face of this beautiful women at this beautiful place in this beautiful valley on this beautiful earth, unknowingly she taught me more then she will ever know, just by conversating with me about the happenings of life. I have fallen in love with the human race all over again. We are living in amazing times!
No comments:
Post a Comment