Thursday, June 16, 2016

First Try At Poetry

The pain runs deep
It has no name
Sometimes it feels like
I'm being played in a game
I want to run
I want to flee
But where can I go
That it doesn't follow me?

You grip my heart
You pull and you twist
What do you want from me
What do I miss?
It has no name
It comes and it goes
Where to? Nobody knows.

You are a symptom
Of something more
What are you here for?

What have you come to share
I know you have a message
But could you take it easy
The feelings you bring
They make me feel a bit queasy.

Let me catch my breath
From the stabbing feeling you bring
And let me gather my thoughts
And let's sort through this thing.

This thing that causes the pain
What is it's name?
I feel so alone
Like no one understands
I've tried to share
But I'm so scared
So many have left me
It feels like no one cares.

No one to fight for me
Or do I even let them try
Its so confusing
To be left high and dry.

Sometimes I love the message you bring
If it were not for the message
I'd be left with a sting
I understand the pain now
It comes and it never leaves me the same
It has taught me so much
It makes me feel insane.

You have taught me your name
You have played a good game
But I no longer run from you
Instead I stay and I stand for My Name.

Your name is Rejection
And you have yet to learn mine.


An original by Clara Byler



No comments:

Post a Comment