Sunday, May 22, 2016

What Is Home?

When you feel excited about being alive and about living this human experience you can know you are on the path that is right for you! It had been to long since I had felt this feeling and it feels like I'm home. This is the feeling of home. Home to me  is no longer a place.

 I have this memory- I was around the age of 13 when my family was traveling by Amtrak from the state of Washington to Wisconsin. In the waiting room in Spokane there was this older women sitting on the bench, beautiful women, she looked to be in her 60's, she had silver/white hair, I can almost picture her sweet face now. I was sitting beside her and asked her where she was going. She said she was going to Seattle, I don't even know if that was her home or not. I'll never forget the one thing she said, it has stuck with me ever since. I said said something along the lines of, "I bet you are ready to be home" and she just said very matter of factly, I am home, "home is where the heart is." That was 16 years ago. I believe she was an angle, maybe my Spirit Guide, I don't know. That statement has stuck with me to this day. I am beginning to see what she meant.

Home to me is a feeling, a state of mind, a feeling of connection- connection to oneself, to others and everything around me.

I am so glad to be home again! I had thought at one point that there was no chance in hell it would ever happen again on this side of eternity. I thought those days were long gone. We even have a name for it, "the good ole days" I am here to tell you they don't have to be called that. The reason we call them that is because we believe they can't happen again or that we can't ever feel that happy again, it's not true, unless we believe it to be. We can live the "good ole days" every day if we want to.

Ask yourself what was it that was so different back then? When you find what was the difference ask yourself, how can I get to a place of being and feeling this way again? This is not a couple hour job, maybe for some people, but it took me months to figure this out.

When we believe our thoughts we become them, when we question our thoughts we can become whatever we want to be. We are all able to live a life that  makes us feel alive, no one is a victim of life, when life gets hard, look at the situation you are in and ask, what is there here, for me to learn? When you have the answer and have learned from it, be thankful for the experience and move on. Life is like a stream we can flow with it or fight against it. The choice is ours. I am learning/choosing to flow with it, take it for what it is and appreciate every second of it-

When we allow ourselves to feel everything and even question our feelings- the feelings move through our body rather than getting stuck inside of us, and then when we've learned what they came to teach us, they move on out. Now we are free to become what we came here to be.

My hope is that we can learn to embrace all the life has to offer so that we can create a better world for ourselves and our children. There is hope, so much hope. I am so grateful to experience life on Earth, it's beautiful- I see beauty everywhere, now.


No comments:

Post a Comment